top of page

Brexit and driving in the EU

Sponsored by RH Insurance

The deal between the UK and the EU did not include the UK remaining in the European free circulation zone. Therefore, UK motorists will need to carry a valid Green Card when driving their vehicles in EU countries. Clients may also need an International Driving Permit, should have a GB sticker on their vehicle and also carry a copy of their V5 document when driving in the EU. See for full details.


The good news is, if you’re an RH client, you won’t be charged a single penny in admin fees when requesting a Green Card.  You can elect to receive your Green Card via email (you would need to download and print a hard copy) or post.  If you select the postal option, you are asked to allow up to 3 weeks for delivery.  You can provide the RH team with details of your intended travel in EU countries either via email – or call them on 0333 043 3911.

bottom of page